Canterbury in Bloom 2022 is going to the biggest and best it has ever been! Not only is it our 9th year of entering the South and South East in Bloom (S&SEiB) Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) regional competition, its the third time we have been nominated to represent our region in the prestigious RHS Britain in Bloom competition.
Gone are the days when Bloom was all about summer bedding displays, it is now as much about caring for our environment, as well as gardening, planting and creating attractive places, and the whole community (both residents and businesses) becoming involved in caring for their place.
How can my business get involved?
The judges visits are scheduled for :
- South and South East in Bloom: 14 July, 9am – 1pm
- Britain in Bloom: 3 August, 9am – 1pm
Below is the list of streets the judge will be walking along, if you could have a quick spruce up outside your business on the day of the visits it would be much appreciated:
- Sun Street
- Orange Street
- Victoria Walk (side of The Marlowe Theatre)
- Pound Lane
- North Lane Car park
- St Peters Street
- High Street
- Best Lane
- The Parade
- Marlowe Arcade
- Rose Lane
- Whitefriars Street
Enter the South and South East in Bloom Business Competition
Canterbury BID co-ordinates the city’s entry into the S&SEiB competition and works with many community groups and educational establishments but we need more businesses to support us and enter the competition too. S&SEiB have created 3 new categories that businesses can enter:
- Pubs & Restaurants – buildings where people can have drinks and food
- Hotels & Guest Houses – a building offering accommodation to paying guests
- Shops Fronts & Workplaces – premises where people work or customers visit which can be seen by passers-by (not Pubs or Restaurants)
Its simply a desktop entry and entrants will be asked to provide up to 5 images (from 2022) showing various facets of the entry and a brief description to support the images. Information that should be included but limited to:
- Why did you enter the category?
- When did you start and what did you achieve?
- Was this a “one-off” or will you continue to develop your project/display?
- What plants/veg/fruit were used in completing your project(s)
If you are interested in entering then Canterbury BID will fund the first 10 entries to enter the competition. The closing date to register your entry is Monday 28 March 2022 and the final submission for your on-line entry is Friday 15 July 2022. If you would like to partake please contact us.
Networking Litter Pick
Cleaning up and litter-picking are activities that bring people closer together, enable people to meet one another other and help create a greater sense of pride and community in local areas. Join us for a networking litter pick on Wednesday 15 June in partnership with McDonalds 08:30 – 10:30. It’ll be a great way to meet your business neighbours and help make our city look even more beautiful, remember it doesn’t have to be bad to be better!