General Site Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Canterbury Connected CIC’ or ‘Canterbury BID’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 New Dover Road Canterbury Kent CT1 3DN. Our company registration number is 6937002. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Canterbury Connected CIC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst Canterbury Connected CIC endeavor to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Canterbury Connected will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst Canterbury Connected CIC endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Canterbury Connected does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Part of this site contains materials submitted to Canterbury Connected CIC by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. Canterbury Connected CIC can not guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
- Canterbury Connected CIC shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- Canterbury Connected CIC accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an “as is” basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- This website uses Google Analytics cookies to monitor browsing preferences.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Competition /Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) run by Canterbury Connected CIC unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition (“Competition Notice“) or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside our reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Entry open to UK residents only. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- Employees of Canterbury Connected CIC or any associated company of Canterbury Connected CIC and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e., prize sponsors are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Canterbury Connected CIC shall have no liability in relation to the prize or prizes provided via third parties.
- Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, e.g. a valid driver’s licence will be required if the Competition prize includes car hire.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- We assume that by entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (at our sole discretion) if we have grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, in our sole discretion we may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and we discover or have reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, we reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of ‘brute force’, ‘script’ or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with Canterbury Connected CIC website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
- Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, we do not accept responsibility for the return of any entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. There shall be no right of appeal.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on our website or social media accounts (by entering into the Competition you consent to such use of your personal data).
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at our sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. We reserve the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
- We do not, unless we agree this with you, claim any rights of ownership in your entry. As such, you retain ownership and copyright, although we will be able to use entries as set out in the Rules, you will also have the right to use your entry in any way you choose. Where any entry is to be used in a different way (e.g. we are asking to own this) this will be made clear in the Competition Notice and you will then be able to choose whether to enter the Competition.
- We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any entry. We may, in appropriate circumstances, and at our sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online (by entering the Competition you consent to such use of your personal data).Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Please see our Privacy Notice for further details. Data relating to entrants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist us to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- Our failure to assert our rights in relation to any breach of the Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such rights, nor will any such waiver be implied.
- If any provision of the Rules (or portion thereof) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of the Rules will not be affected or impaired.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
Social Media Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully, as it provides information about sharing and contributing content and also how we’ll respond to anything that’s abusive, unsuitable or derogatory.
- The terms, conditions and policies that belong to specific social networks, also apply to any official Canterbury Connected profiles that they house. It is important that you follow these terms and conditions, as well as ours. While Canterbury Connected has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we are endorsing their products or services.
- From time to time we may share items or talk about products or services we think are interesting. This does not mean we are agreeing or supporting a point of view or endorsing a product or service. And we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content not posted by us.
- If you can’t access the social network at all, it is up to the individual social network to fix this and it isn’t something that we can resolve.
- If you are not able to use or access official Canterbury Connected social media profiles, or websites linked to through them, while we will do our best to fix any problems, we are not legally responsible for any problems this causes.
- We really want to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles. While we work hard to moderate anything that is offensive, unsuitable or derogatory, we are not legally responsible for content posted by third parties.
- We monitor our social media during normal UK business hours (9am-5pm GMT, Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays and Canterbury Connected events & festivals).