General Site Terms & Conditions
The term ‘Canterbury Connected’ or ‘Canterbury BID’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 27 New Dover Road Canterbury Kent CT1 3DN. Our company registration number is 6937002. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The use of this website is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
- Canterbury Connected reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
- Whilst Canterbury Connected endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, Canterbury Connected will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Access to this site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- Whilst Canterbury Connected endeavours to ensure that the information on this site is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Canterbury Connected does not accept any liability for error or omission.
- Part of this site contains materials submitted to Canterbury Connected by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials submitted for inclusion on this site complies with national and relevant foreign law. Canterbury Connected can not guarantee the accuracy of this material and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the material, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the material contained on this site or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
- Canterbury Connected shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- Canterbury Connected accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hypertext link from this site exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an “as is” basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
- This website uses Google Analytics cookies to monitor browsing preferences.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Competition /Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- Competitions include all those promoted online, in print or during promotions and events.
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Canterbury Connected, its suppliers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over at the time of entry.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Only one entry per person per competition is allowed (except where the competition states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and we discover or have reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, we reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these rules.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the competition, in our sole discretion we may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script; macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including travel.
- Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will co-operate with any other reasonable requests by Canterbury Connected relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges.
- Confirmation of the prize will also be made in writing to the winner(s).
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- The Promoter is Canterbury Connected, 2nd Floor, Graylaw House, 20-22 Watling Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2UA.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by us for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist us in dealing with any queries on the Competition.
Social Media Terms & Conditions
Please read the following carefully, as it provides information about sharing and contributing content and also how we’ll respond to anything that’s abusive, unsuitable or derogatory.
- The terms, conditions and policies that belong to specific social networks, also apply to any official Canterbury Connected profiles that they house. It is important that you follow these terms and conditions, as well as ours. While Canterbury Connected has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we are endorsing their products or services.
- From time to time we may share items or talk about products or services we think are interesting. This does not mean we are agreeing or supporting a point of view or endorsing a product or service. And we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content not posted by us.
- If you can’t access the social network at all, it is up to the individual social network to fix this and it isn’t something that we can resolve.
- If you are not able to use or access official Canterbury Connected social media profiles, or websites linked to through them, while we will do our best to fix any problems, we are not legally responsible for any problems this causes.
- We really want to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles. While we work hard to moderate anything that is offensive, unsuitable or derogatory, we are not legally responsible for content posted by third parties.
- We monitor our social media during normal UK business hours (9am-5pm GMT, Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays and Canterbury Connected events & festivals).