During the busy Christmas period, there is nothing more important than a beautifully decorated Christmas shop window to attract customers through the door, increase footfall and encourage spend. If you’re planning a Christmas window display, let us know. Simply fill in the short form below by Friday 29th November.
How to enter
- Decide which category best describes your business (Small Independent or Medium-Large / Chain)
- Take 3 photos of your finished window display
- Optional: write a shot description of your window – perhaps there is a back story or particular inspiration you want the judges to know about?
- Enter your photos, text and details into the short form at the bottom of this page by Friday 29 November
- Small Independents Awards: Judges’ Favourite I Gold I Silver Gilt I Silver
- Medium – Large / Chain Awards: Judges’ Favourite I Gold I Silver Gilt I Silver
- All entries will feature on the MyCanterbury Facebook and Instagram pages and results will also be posted on the BID website and eNews.
- All award-winning windows will receive a certificate.
- The winners of the ‘Judges’ Favourite’ category will receive a visit from the Lord Mayor on 7 December, a bottle of fizz and a free MyCanterbury dedicated eNewsletter.
How will be windows be judged?
Each window entry will be judged on their Festivity, Creativity and Merchandising through a points system.
The week of the 2 December the window judges will allocate points to all entries using the images and descriptions they have received. The Judges will mark each window against a set standard of criteria and award Gold, Silver Gilt, Silver.
Between 3-5pm on Saturday 7 December, the top 20 windows will be visited by the judging panel including Canterbury’s Lord Mayor. The Judges will select their favourite window (one small, one large) and both will receive a visit from the mayor with a bottle of fizz (a great photo opportunity)!
- Friday 29 November – Deadline for entries
- Wk 2 December – Judging of entries
- 3-5pm, Saturday 7 December (Small Business Saturday) – Judging panel (including Lord Mayor) to visit top 20 windows and choose the ‘Judges Choice’ windows (one small, one large)
- Monday 9 December – Results announced via email and certificates distributed
How to Enter
Please complete the below form prior to Friday 29 November:
If you have any issues uploading your entry, simply email the above details directly to us: email@example.com
Read the blog post of 2019 window judge Rachel Phipps here.