A public consultation of Kent County Council’s Local Transport Plan is underway and runs until 30 October 2016.
The plan is broken down into five main sections:
- Transport in Kent – sets out KCC’s achievements so far, anticipated growth in the county and the background to transport issues.
- Strategic priorities – sets out KCC’s priorities which include A2 Bean and A2 Ebbsfleet junction upgrades and
- Crossrail extension, a new Lower Thames Crossing, splitting Dover port traffic between the M20/A20 and M2/A2 routes as well as expansion of the port, journey time improvements in Thanet and a parkway rail station, Ashford
- International Station signalling, and general rail and bus improvements.
- Kent-wide priorities – sets out KCC’s approach to road safety, highway maintenance, home to school transport, and its policy on aviation.
- District priorities – sets out district transport schemes that have been identified as necessary in each district.
- Funding Sources – sets out what funding sources are available and alternative funding strategies.
To find out more click here.