Updated 25 May
The UK Government published new guidance documents on in mid-May and updated them on 25 May, changing the date of retail re-opening:
- Press release “Timeline for retail to reopen in June” with outdoor markets and car showrooms able to open from 1 June if they are able to meet the COVID-19 secure guidelines and if the Government’s five test are met. All other non-essential retail will be expected to be able to reopen from 15 June, subject to the same conditions being met.
- Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic. There are 8 guides covering a range of different types of work:
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and contact centres
- Other people’s homes
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
- Shops and branches
- The UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy: sets out a cautious roadmap to easing existing measures in a safe and measured way, subject to successfully controlling the virus and being able to monitor and react to its spread.
- Safer public places – urban centres and green spaces guidance on how to manage pedestrian space, pedestrian movement, queues and traffic management.
- Roadmap Taskforces: Five new ministerial-led taskforces have been set up to develop plans for how and when closed sectors can reopen safely, following publication of the UK’s roadmap to rebuild Britain.
Your feedback so far is that there are gaps in the guidelines, particularly around events and creative industries. Please continue to tell us what you think so we can send your feedback and case studies to those who are making decisions, and so that we can lobby for the support you need.
For your case studies, please include:
- What government support you have accessed, if any, and how it has helped.
- What support do you think is missing?
- What is the impact on your business and sector from your perspective?
- What thoughts are top of mind in your business when planning for recovery?
- What operational considerations do we need to consider?
Feedback and case studies can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org