Canterbury Connected are delighted to invite you to a presentation of the newly commissioned Destination Management Plan (DMP) created by Visit Kent. Its aim, to help make Canterbury a first class cultural heritage destination.
The event will be held on Thursday 13 September from 5-7pm at the ABode Hotel, Canterbury. It is free to attend, however spaces are limited so please click here to register your place as soon as possible
We will hear about the following topics:
- Canterbury’s performance – locally, nationally and internationally
- Day visitor versus overnight stay – and the value of visitors
- What is the visitor looking for?
- What is the Canterbury offer?
- The destination brand
- The value of UNESCO status
- The Groups market
- Opportunities around Visiting Friends and Relatives and the value of the knowledge economy
- Attracting investment and building a stronger economy
About the Destination Management Plan
A DMP is a strategy for marketing and promoting a place and this new DMP includes recommendations for quick wins, action plans and strategies to help make Canterbury a first class cultural heritage destination.
This plan was developed over six months and included consultation with attractions, businesses, residents’ groups, universities, language schools, the local authority, festival & event organisers and national tourism and travel groups. The aim is for everyone involved in tourism and the visitor economy to make use of the DMP when they are talking about Canterbury and planning how to invest in improvements and new experiences.
In this way, Canterbury’s unique selling points become stronger, and the image of the place becomes clearer.
We look forward to seeing you on the 13 September.