We need an environment that is clean, safe and welcoming from early morning to late at night, making Canterbury a great place to visit and a place where people want to stay longer.
- Provides additional cleaning services –To complement those already provided by the City Council.
- Lobbys to improve the subways – Work with Canterbury City Council (CCC) and Kent County Council (KCC) to develop a programme of regular cleansing and look at how to increase the ‘sense of safety’ for users at all times. The BID will be clear not to invest resource in areas that are the accountability of the statutory agencies.
- Provides Christmas lights – to decorate the city at such an important trading time.
- Provides floral displays – Invest in significant floral displays each summer to enhance the street scene.
- Invests in a safer city – Work with District Watch and Kent Police to reduce retail crime, street crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Supports the evening/late night economy – Ensure that the city builds on its reputation as a ‘great night out’.
- Deploys BID Ambassadors – To support, liaise and communicate with levy payers; to work with the statutory authorities on issues raised by levy payers; and to provide a welcome to visitors at busy times and during events.