What to expect when you come to shop in Canterbury
Canterbury’s shops are delighted to welcome you. Here are a few things you need to know before visiting.
Wearing is caring! You are very welcome, but please remember your mask or face covering!
- Shops are operating a limited number of customers in store at any one time
- There may be a queue to enter, and staff on the door.
- In clothing stores, you are not able to try on your purchases. Try it on at home and you’ll normally be able to return unsuitable items (check with the store policy). Many shops are offering extended return windows.
- Returns may be organised differently to normal, to allow staff to quarantine items. Check with each store how they can help you return an item.
- Contactless payment is encouraged wherever possible.
- Hand sanitiser stations are widely available and you are encouraged to use them.
- Social distancing is encouraged in store and venues.
- Please be patient, kind and considerate to staff and other shoppers!
Most businesses have changed their opening times to allow for an adjustment to this new shopping experience. So please do check the store website before planning your journey to avoid disappointment.
Planning Your Journey
Click here to view: CITY CENTRE MAP
The following council owned toilets are currently open: Canterbury Lane, Tower Way, Canterbury Cemetery and
Whitefriars. The toilet in Fenwick is also open.
Click here to link to the Council’s PARKING GUIDE
Parking Updates:ALL car parks and Park & Ride services across the district are open with the exception of Rosemary Lane car park.
If you are not yet signed up to MyCanterbury’s eNewsletters please complete the form below. The newsletters are free to receive and are packed full of information: