Today, Prime Minister, Boris Johnson announced further restrictions to control the spread of COVID-19:
- From Thursday 24th September, all pubs, bars and restaurants must operate via table service only, except for takeaways. All hospitality business including takeaways must close at 10pm, however deliveries are exempt.
- Wearing of face coverings is now mandatory for staff in retail and indoor hospitality as well as indoor hospitality customers, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
- COVID-19 secure guidelines for the visitor economy will be made law and enforced with fines of up to £10,000 for businesses.
- From Monday 28th September, a maximum of 15 people will be able to attend wedding ceremonies and receptions, however, 30 can still attend funerals.
- For all adult indoor team sport, the rule of six now applies.
- The spread of the virus is impacting the reopening of business conferences, exhibitions and large sporting events and reopening will not go ahead on 1st October.
The government will continue to act against local flare-ups, working with local councils and strengthening measures where necessary. The new restrictions could be in place for up to six months.
To find out how we can support you, sign up to the weekly BID eNews.
Here is the latest eNews from 21 September with details on
- The new NHS Covid-19 App,
- NHS QR code posters,
- The Locale App (promotes your business’ covid safety measures and current services),
- Free MyCanterbury publicity
- More funding and business support