From 3 to 31 August, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the Government’s Eat Out to Help Out scheme will be available to venues with a dining area or shared area.
Here’s the info you need to know:
- Businesses can offer the scheme all day, every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 3 to 31 August 2020.
- A 50% discount, up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in.
- It’s quick and easy for businesses to claim the money back from the government and there is no cost to take part.
- Can be offered alongside other deals or promotions, giving customers extra benefits.
- There’s no limit to the number of times customers can use the offer during August, and they don’t need to produce a voucher.
- Customers can’t get a discount for someone who is not eating or drinking. Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
- Businesses will be included in a national online finder tool and on our MyCanterbury list with additional promotion across all of our social media channels.
- You don’t have to be part of the scheme to promote and benefit from it. For example, some salons are piggy backing on it by encouraging people to get their hair, nails, etc done beforehand. A pamper day!
Let’s make the most of this to help drive footfall, dwell time and spend to Canterbury, and to remind people that our city is welcoming and safe.
We’re here to help
We have some resources to share with you, including a toolkit developed with Visit Canterbury that includes images, downloadable posters and some fun & cheeky gifs for you to use on your own social media. Together with Visit Canterbury, we have been chosen to take part in a pilot with social media agency Maybe* to help raise the profile of Canterbury throughout the Eat Out to Help Out campaign.