Updated 6 November 2020
In these unprecedented and challenging times, we want to let you know we are here for you every step of the way.
We are working hard to ensure BID Levy Payers and the wider businesses community receive the support you need and get their voice heard, which is why we’ve been talking to both Canterbury City Council and national government through The BID Foundation and the ATCM. We’re not relaxing that pressure and we’ll keep asking questions and pushing for that support to come quickly.
We remain open and operational, here to support our BID levy paying businesses and the wider community within the city right now. For the latest updates sent directly to your inbox, sign up to the Canterbury BID newsletter.
See our Recovery and Reopening page for national and local guidance.
- Fact Sheet (5 Nov) – Financial Support for Jobs and Businesses
- Canterbury BID Support – sign up to our eNews for the latest information about how we can support you.
- Canterbury City Council Business Support Hub
- Kent and Medway Growth Hub and Business Support Hotline on 03333 602 300 (Mon-Fri 8.30am – 5.00pm).
- For the tourism and hospitality sector we would also recommend checking the Visit Kent Business Website which features transport information, sector representation and monitoring, financial support and consumer confidence reports.
The following schemes and guidelines have been announced by the UK Government:
- Business that have been told to close
- Furlough scheme: Government has announced that the CJRS will be extended until the end of March. The key points are:
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will be extended until the end of March 2021 at the 80% rate
- The Job Retention Bonus will not be paid in February, but a retention incentive will be introduced at some stage thereafter
- The third self-employed grant, covering November to January, will be increased from 55% to 80% of trading profits.
- Financial support for your business: You may be eligible for loans, tax relief and cash grants. Support is available for employers and self-employed people.
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- NHS Test and Trace in the workplace
- Make your workplace Covid-secure